- Supports financial administration, including invoice management, accounts receivable and payable support, bank deposits, and management of the museum’s point of sale systems.
- Manage museums files in compliance with the SMM Record and Retention Policy.
- Manages facility rentals.
- Oversees facility maintenance, including the coordination and monitoring of repairs, renovations, cleaning, security, and safety.
- Provides administrative support including but not limited to maintaining office phone, copier, and computer systems; managing store inventory; and coordinating USPS mail.
- Supports logistical needs related to select events and meetings including invitations, materials duplication, room set-up, clean up, security, parking, rentals, and catering coordination.
- Coordinates schedules and tasks for administrative volunteers and part-time front desk staff.
- Responsible for in-person management of the front desk.
- Provides support for human resources functions, such as job posting, background checks, staff onboarding, oversight of part-time staff, and assistance in filing HR-related forms and reports.
- Two or more years of relevant administrative experience managing an office or organization’s operations.
- Strong oral, written, interpersonal communication skills.
- Friendly, self-motivated and driven, with customer service focus.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Platforms, specifically Microsoft Excel.
- Adobe Creative Suite experience preferred.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree and some non-profit experience preferred.
- Enthusiastic about SMM’s mission.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
We are currently reviewing candidates for this position and are no longer accepting new applications. We appreciate your interest in Sigal Music Museum!