The Elise C. Sigal Musical Education Fund
The Elise C. Sigal Music Education Fund at the Sigal Music Museum provides a pathway forward for the next generation musical talent and lovers. Funds are used for educational opportunities and community outreach programs related to the Marlowe A. Sigal collection.
Elise Sigal received her BA in Music History from Brandeis University. The program honors her interest in early music, music education, and her participation in her husband’s collecting of musical instruments. Funds will support the execution of the museum’s education outreach strategy, including:
- support for students of music;
- opportunities for individuals to study, research, and perform on musical instruments in the collection;
- student trips to the museum to learn about and interact with musical instruments on display;
- bringing musical instruments and/or presenters to schools or other public places; and
- educational materials related to music and musical instruments.
The fund was established in honor of Marlowe Sigal’s wife, Elise with an initial gift of $100,000 to launch an endowment. In addition to the initial investment, a donor has offered to match additional donations to this fund up to $50,000 through 2021. Your donation will be doubly rewarding!